Stacey from Mincoff Cafe came up with this recipe. It is delicious and very easy to make. Enjoy!
- 1 Pounds Cooked Cauliflower (5-6 cups chopped)
- 3/4 Cups Celery (2-3 stalks)
- 1 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Cup Gruyere Cheese (plus more for garnish
- 1/2 Cup Milk (whole)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock (or vegetable stock)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and White or Black Pepper to Taste (white pepper is prettier for this dish)
- Cooked Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon (chopped for garnish)
- Green Onions (for garnish)
Melt butter and oil in dutch oven or soup pot on med/high heat.
Sauté onions and celery seasoned with a little salt until tender (about 8-10 minutes), then add the minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Pour the cream into the pan, add the cauliflower and the stock. Cook on med/high to high for about 5 minutes.
Add the milk, nutmeg, white pepper and continue to cook (but not a hard boil or it will get grainy) until the cauliflower is tender and the soup has thickened up a bit (about 2 minutes).
Stir in the shredded cheese and add more seasoning if you need to. If it gets too thick, just add more milk or stock.
Garnish with bacon, green onions and more cheese or even a different cheese (like cheddar) if you desire.