If you have read my blog, you would know how much I like Lidia and her recipes! Fall is here, so broccoli rabe is available in the store, and if you are lucky you might be able to find it at your local Farmer’s Market!
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli rappe, florets and tender stems only
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 pound Circle b Ranch sweet Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well. Reserve some of the pasta water for future use.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until golden. Add the sausage and cook until done. Break up the sausage into bits while it is cooking. Add the broccoli rabe, crushed red pepper and salt; cover and steam for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chicken stock and butter and cook over high heat until the sauce reduces slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add the linguine to the skillet and toss gently. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top and toss again. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining cheese. If the pasta is a little dry add some of the pasta water.