If you like butternut squash, brussel sprouts and bacon you will love this recipe. Enjoy!!
- 5 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ tsp. sea salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1/3 cup raw pecan halves, chopped
- Heat a large skillet to medium high on stove top. Once hot, add bacon and cook, flipping bacon every 1-2 minutes. Cook until fat has seeped out and bacon has reached desired crispiness, approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and transfer it to cutting board, leaving drippings in skillet. Chop bacon and set aside.
- Add the chopped Brussels sprouts to skillet with bacon drippings and reduce heat to medium. Stir the Brussels sprouts well, cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Uncover, stir, and continue cooking sprouts until they have reached desired done-ness, about another 4-5 minutes. Transfer Brussels sprouts to a plate and set aside.
- Place skillet back on hot stove top and add 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil if needed. Transfer chopped butternut squash to skillet. Stir well and cover. Cook 4-5 minutes, stir, and remove cover. Cook an additional 8-10 minutes, until squash is golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to the skillet with the squash, along with the chopped bacon, cinnamon, sea salt, maple syrup, and pecans. Stir well to combine and continue cooking until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve alongside your favorite entrée.