Spaghetti Squash is so versatile and is a great substitute for spaghetti. My husband is a diabetic and this definitely satisfies a carb craving. Add some Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon, Asparagus and a lot of Parmesan Cheese and you have a delicious dish! Enjoy!
- 1/2 lb. Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 bunch pencil-thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in 1/2 and cooked in 375 degree oven until done (1 1/2 hrs.)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pan, fry bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and crumble into small pieces; save for later. Save 1 Tbsp. of the bacon grease and discard the rest.
- Over medium heat, add the garlic, asparagus, and the basil to the pan and cook 30 seconds; do not let the garlic brown. Add the spaghetti squash and spinach. Cook until greens are slightly wilted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bacon. Transfer pasta to plate and sprinkle with Parmesan to serve.
- Serving Size: 4