This chili recipe is stick-to-your-bones delicious. I am sure that your family will love this recipe as much as mine does. Enjoy!
- 6 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 4 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. Circle B Ranch ground pork
- 1 cup beer or ale
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 oz. Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Top Tomato Bloody Mary Mix
- Lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Sour Cream, for garnish (optional)
- Shredded Cheddar, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced scallions, for garnish (optional)
- In a large, heavy-bottomed Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Once the bacon is browned, add the garlic, onions, bell peppers, and chipotle pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Once the beef is broken up and beginning to brown, add the pork. Break up with wooden spoon and brown for about 4 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the beer or ale and beans.
- Add Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce and Top Tomato Bloody Mary Mix. Turn heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Transfer the chili to serving bowls and garnish with lime wedges, sour cream, shredded cheese, and sliced scallions.
- Serving Size: 4