I have been making Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana so much lately. It’s my go-to dinner, and it always comes out great. It also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day. Enjoy!
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 1–2 (24 oz.) jars Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- 1 (8oz.) package pre-sliced Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Romano cheese
- Slice open the chicken cutlets and pound the meat with a meat mallet.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs. Place bread crumbs into another shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken cutlet into the beaten eggs and then into the bread crumbs.
- Fry over medium-high heat until browned; it does not need to be fully cooked.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, put in 1 cup of tomato sauce. Add the chicken cutlets and layer with the Mozzarella cheese. Top with more tomato sauce (You will have sauce left over for pasta). Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- Bake covered at 350° F for 30 minutes; remove covering and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve with your pasta of choice and the remaining tomato sauce or add a tossed salad and slices of crusty Italian bread.
- Serving Size: 2