I was never a fan of bread pudding, and I don’t think I ever had it until I made this recipe. I adapted a few recipes to come up with this one. What I especially like about this recipe is that it is low in sugar. Since the Cranberry Chutney has a good amount of sugar, there is no need to add more. I used Breadsmith sour dough bread for this recipe, but you can use any bread you like. Serve this bread pudding with extra Chutney and some freshly whipped cream.
- 6 cups of day old bread cut into cubes (I used Breadsmith Sour Dough Bread)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 ounces of Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray. Place the cubed bread in the dish.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Add heavy cream, half and half, and Marina’s Cranberry Chutney into the eggs. Mix well.
- Pour liquid over the bread cubes and let soak for 10-15 minutes. Occasionally press down bread with a spatula.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes when custard is set and top is golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve warm. Serve with Marina’s Cranberry Chutney on the side