I was so excited to find this recipe for a coffee cake made with leftover chunky cranberry sauce. I substituted Marina’s Cranberry Chutney, and this recipe came out delicious.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1–1/2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- zest of one orange
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 14 oz of Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour (really well) a 12 cup tube or Bundt pan. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream and vanilla.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter, both sugars and orange zest until fluffy and light, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Scrape down bowl.
- Beat in half the flour mixture, then all of the sour cream, then remaining flour, beating until just combined. Fold in pecans.
- In a medium saucepan, warm cranberry sauce over medium-low heat, stirring, until softened. Spread 1/3 of the batter in the pan. Spread 1/2 of cranberry sauce over. Repeat layers, ending with last 1/3 of cake batter.
- Gently run a skewer or thin knife through batter to swirl cranberry sauce in a marble pattern. Bake cake until skewer inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; Unmold onto rack to cool completely.