Marina’s Eggplant Rollatine
John and I love eggplant and of course I would have to make eggplant rollatine. This recipe is all mine and it freezes really well. Enjoy!
Pre-heat oven 350 degrees F
2 large Eggplants -Peeled & Sliced lengthwise 1/8 – 1/4 slices
4 eggs-lightly beaton
2 Tbsp garlic powder (divided)
2 cups-grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
Salt & pepper to tastefresh parsley
1 cup – All Purpose Flour
1 cup – Vegetable oil (for frying)
1 -15oz container Ricotta cheese
1 cup – shredded Mozzarella cheese (divided)
1-24 oz jar Marinas tomato sauce (divided)
- In a shallow mixing bowl combine 3 eggs
- In a 2nd bowl, combine 1 Tbsp garlic powder, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper
- In a 3rd separate shallow plate or dish pour the 1 cup flour
- Heat oil in large deep skillet
- Dredge eggplant in flour, then egg mixture and then seasoning mixture. Fry 2-3 slices at a time ’til light brown on both sides. Remove the paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine Ricotta, 1/2 cup Mozzarella, remaining 1 cup Parmesan, 1 Tsp garlic powder (or to taste), 1 egg, fresh parsley. Mix well.
- Spread 1/3 of pasta sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish
- Place about 2 Tbsp of mixture in center of sliced eggplant and roll securely from the narrow end to the wide end. Place in baking dish. Seam side down. Pour remaining sauce over eggplant rolls and top with remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
Bake 30 minutes at 350 F