Nothing could be easier than a pizza made with Marina’s Meatballs, Marina’s Tomato Sauce, Basil and Fresh Mozzarella.
You can make the pizza dough yourself or you can buy it at the grocery store. I opted to make the pizza dough. The recipe is very easy and takes only a few minutes. I always use the pizza recipe from Joy Of Cooking.
For the dough
- 1 package (2 1/4 tsps) of active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cups warm (105 to 115 Degree) Water
- 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
For the dough
- Combine yeast and water in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a heavy duty mixer and let stand until the yeast is dissolved for about 5 minutes.
- Mix by hand or on low speed for about 1 minute to blend all ingredients.
- Knead for about 10 minutes by hand or with the dough hook on low to medium speed until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl lightly coated with olive oil and turn it over once to coat with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place (75 to 80 degree F) until doubled in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Put your stone in the over and heat it for 45 minutes.
- Punch the dough down and divide in half.
- Roll each piece into a ball and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
For the pizza
- Get your pizza topping ready.
- Slice the meatballs, slice your mozzarella, clean the basil and heat up your Marina’s Italian Tomato Sauce.
- Flatten each ball of cough 1 at a time on a lightly floured work surface (I use Semolina flour) into a 12 inch round, rolling and stretching the dough.
- Place each dough circle on a bakers peel lightly dusted with semolina flour.
- Lift the edge and pinch it to form a lip. Brush the top with olive oil.
- Top the pizza with the Tomato Sauce first, Marina’s Italian Style Meatballs and then the Mozzarella and the Basil.