Most of my recipes with Marina’s meatballs are with Marina’s Tomato Sauce. I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and make the meatballs with a Mushroom Gravy. Marina’s meatballs are a great product. They are fully cooked and frozen and are made with the best ingredients. It was easy and came out delicious.
- 1lb of Marina’s meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6oz (170gr) mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, if desired
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the same skillet and add mushrooms along with garlic. Cook the mushrooms stirring frequently for about 3 minutes, or until they’re nice and brown. Remove onto a plate.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook the flour mixture for at least 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Slowly pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring it to a boil, whisking frequently.
- Add meatballs and mushrooms and cook for additional 8-10 minutes. If the gravy thickens too much, add a little bit of water, or stock. Salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add chopped parsley before serving. Serve over buttered noodles for a complete meal.
- Serving Size: 4