Meatloaf is a great meal to make for your family and what is even better you will have leftovers. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion (1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots (1 carrot)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% or whole milk
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Marina’s tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Circle B Ranch ground pork
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Marina’s Homemade ketchup
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put 1 tablespoon Olive Oil into a skillet and add the onion, celery, garlic, and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl combine the egg, milk, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, mustard, and tomato sauce. Stir until well combined. Add the beef and the ground pork, cooled vegetable mixture and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix together by hand.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray. Form the meatloaf mixture into a log, about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush the top with the ketchup. Return to the oven and bake until the meatloaf is firm and cooked through, about 20 more minutes. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.