Easy and delish Sausage Casserole. I made it with Sweet Italian Sausage but it will be just as delicious with Hot Italian Sausage.
- 1 lb. Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage (Or Hot Italian Sausage if you like a little heat), sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- 2 fresh sprigs of Rosemary
- salt & pepper
- sugar, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in an oven safe casserole (ex: cast iron, Dutch oven). Brown the sausages, and then transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, saute the onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Pour in red wine and deglaze the pan, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Add the mushrooms, tomato sauce, and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer sausages back to casserole dish. Stir and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or rice. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4