Three bean salad is a great accompaniment to Pork, Chicken or Beef. Enjoy!!
For the Salad
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 yellow pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1 ½ Tbsp. capers
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 10–15 fresh mint leaves, torn or gently chopped
- 10–15 fresh basil leaves, torn or gently chopped
For the Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beans, chopped peppers, onions, capers, and fresh herbs. Mix using a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, add the vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad bowl. Toss to coat.
- For best results, cover and refrigerate for a bit before serving so that the beans soak up the vinaigrette flavors. Give the salad another quick toss before serving.
- If you prefer, hold the mint and basil until you are ready to serve the salad. This will keep them from wilting into the salad, but the flavors won’t be as intense.
- Serving Size: 6