That’s right, another Miso-glazed eggplant. That is how much we like eggplant in our family. This one is prepared in the oven instead of grilled. Delicious!
- 2 scallions
- 2 small Italian eggplant
- Asian sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp white miso
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Thinly slice the scallions, and separate the white and green parts, setting both to the side.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Slice both eggplant in half lengthwise and brush all over with the Asian sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place cut side down on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast in oven for 10 minutes. Flip eggplant and roast another 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine white miso, mirin, water, sugar, ginger, and scallion whites in a small bowl. Spread the miso mixture on the cut side of the eggplant, and broil on high until dark in spots, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, scallion greens, and Sriracha, if desired.
- This dish is a great side to pan-seared cod or grilled salmon.