Lentils are such a misunderstood legume. I make lentil soup all winter, but I have never made a lentil salad. I was not sure that we would like it. But I really like this recipe that I found from Farmflavor. Their recipe was made with chicken, but I thought entils would be great without meat, too!
- 2 cups dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 2 cups seeded and julienned cucumber
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili paste
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine lentils and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, cover and chill.
- Combine scallions, cucumber, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, chili paste and sesame oil in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add dressing mixture to lentils. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy! We sure did!