One day, I walked into the grocery store and saw the most gorgeous cherries. I had taken out Circle B Ranch pork chops that morning so I thought why not make something with the cherries and the pork. I have to say this came out great!
- 2 Circle B Ranch pork chops
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ lb. Bing cherries, halved and pitted
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil, and swirl to coat the pan. Add the pork chops and cook, undisturbed, for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness, or until the chops are golden brown and release from the bottom of the pan without tugging on them. Transfer chops to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the butter to the pan. When melted, add the chopped shallots and thyme, and cook one minute, stirring. Add the cherries and balsamic vinegar, increase heat to high, and simmer another minute or so, until the vinegar thickens. Pile cherries onto the pork chops, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2