Being of Italian Heritage I love risotto. When I read this recipe I knew that it would be delicious.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ small onion
- 1 ½ cups orzo
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion in butter over medium heat, until onion is slightly softened. Add in orzo and sauté until orzo is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until orzo is tender and almost all the broth has been absorbed. Remove from heat, and stir in the basil and Parmesan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.