This is delicious!
- 3 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cored and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 lb. campanelle (or bowties if you prefer)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- • ½ cup dry white wine
- • 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- • 1 tsp. lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- Cook bacon in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, 5-7 minutes. Add panko and ¼ tsp. pepper and cook, stirring frequently until panko is well browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer panko mixture to bowl and wipe out skillet.
- Heat 5 tsp. oil in skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add cauliflower and 1 tsp. salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is crisp-tender and browned in spots, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cover to keep warm. Will steam a little during this process, so don’t overcook.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, thyme, and ½ tsp. salt; cook, stirring frequently until onion has softened, 4-7 minutes. Increase heat to high, add pasta, broth, and wine, and bring to a simmer. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed and pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in parsley, lemon juice, and cauliflower; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve, passing panko mixture and lemon wedges separately.