It’s Morel Season in Southwest Missouri! With the opening of Morel Season is the beginning of Spring. The Morel Season does not last very long, and when you get your hands on these delicious mushrooms, you better have a good idea how you would like to prepare them. Big John came walking in with Morels in one hand and Asparagus in the other. Perfect combo! Add some delicious and creamy Terrill Creek Farm Goat Cheese and you have a delicious pasta dish.
- 1/2 cups minced Spring Onion or shallot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 pound Morel mushrooms, rinsed, patted dry, trimmed, and quartered
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces mild goat cheese
- 1/4 pound asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3/4 pound fettuccine prepared according to package instructions
- Use a heavy skillet to melt the butter and cook the shallot, stirring until softened.
- Add the wine and simmer until the wine is reduced by about half.
- Add the broth and the morel mushrooms. Simmer for about ten minutes, covered, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the cream and the goat cheese and continue to cook over low heat, stirring, until the cheese melts. Stir in the asparagus, chives, and the salt and pepper to taste. Keep the sauce warm while you cook the pasta. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it well and toss with the morel sauce.