The farmers markets are full of delicious peaches….pair that with fresh blackberries and you have a delicious crumble.
- 5 large peaches (about 5 cups), sliced (skin on)
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Old Fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 11x7x2-inch ceramic baking dish.
- Toss the peaches, blackberries, flour, cornstarch, vanilla, sugar, lemon juice, and zest in a large bowl. Pour into the prepared dish.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Add in the butter and rub into the dry ingredients with your fingers until pea-sized lumps form. Add in the pecans with your fingers, squeezing to combine.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown on top. Let cool slightly; serve with vanilla ice cream.
- You can make this recipe a day ahead; simply reheat in the oven when ready to serve. Make sure to let the dish come to room temperature before you put it in the oven to avoid breaking the dish.
- Serving Size: 8