When the peaches are in season at the Farmers Market this is a great time to make this dessert. Your family will love you for it. Enjoy!!
- 1 store bought pie crust
- 5 peaches (2 lbs.)—halved, pitted, and sliced ½-inch thick
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. turbinado or other coarse sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium bowl, toss the peaches with the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and 2 Tbsp. flour.
- Place the pie crust on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Mound the peaches with their juices in the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border all around. Fold the edge of the dough up and over the peaches. Refrigerate the tart until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush the dough with the cream and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Bake for about 50 minutes, until the crust is golden and the peaches are bubbling. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- The tart can be baked up to 6 hours in advance. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 8