Peaches are in season and they are so juicy and delicious. This recipe is perfect to make this time of year. Enjoy!!
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon (90gr) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3 peaches
- 1 ½ cups (190gr) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (130gr) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120ml) buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177° C). Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide 1 tablespoon of butter equally into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of brown sugar into each muffin cup.
- Slice 1-2 peaches into thin slices. Put about 3 slices into the bottom of each muffin pan.
- Cut the remaining peaches into small cubes. You should get about 1 cup of cubed peaches. Set aside.
- To make the batter, in a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat the remaining 1/3 cup of butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat for another 2-3 minutes, or until well combined. The mixture should be fluffy and white.
- Add half of the flour mixture into the batter, beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the buttermilk and beat for another minute.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and beat just until combined.
- Fold in the cubed peaches.
- Divide the batter into 12 muffin pan cups. I like to use this large cookie scoop.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in the pan for 5 minutes. Place the wire rack over the muffin pan and carefully turn the pan upside down to remove the cakes. Cool completely before serving.