What is so nice about this recipe it combines fruit and pork!! We love pears with pork and I am sure your family will love it also. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 medium pears (1lb.), cored and cut into 1 to 2-inch wedges
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 lb. Circle B Ranch pork tenderloin, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and coarsely chopped (2 ½ cups)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
For the Sauce
- In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and crushed red pepper.
For the Dish
- In an extra-large wok or 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium. Add pears and ginger; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until starting to soften. Remove pear mixture from skillet.
- Add pork; cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly pink in center. Push pork from center of skillet.
- Stir sauce; add to skillet. Bring to boiling. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Return pears to skillet; add radicchio. Stir to coat and heat. If desired, serve over rice and top with sliced green onions.
- For a milder flavor, substitute 2 ½ cups red or green cabbage for the radicchio (the radicchio can be slightly bitter).
- Serving Size: 4