Pears and Cranberry chutney go so well together. This came out delicious!! Enjoy!
For the Crumble
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs (approx. 4 ounces or 16 store-bought cookies)
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. table salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- ½ cup (4 ounces or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the Filling
- 2 lbs. (about 4 to 5) large ripe pears, peeled, halved, cored & sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 ½ cups Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰ F.
- Stir together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, gingersnap crumbs, ginger and salt. Stir in the melted butter until large crumbs form.
- In a 1 ½ to 2-qt baking dish, mix the pears, cranberry chutney, and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar and cornstarch together then toss it with the fruit mixture in the pan.
- Sprinkle the gingersnap crumble over the fruit. Set the crumble on a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the baking dish. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the crumble is a shade darker and the juice bubbles through the crumbs.