When I saw this recipe for a pear crumble I knew I needed to make it. I added Marina’s Ginger Pear Chutney and it was delicious. Enjoy!!
- • 6 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into bits, plus more for baking dish
- • 1 cup dried cherries
- • ¼ cup brandy
- • 6 firm Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and cut into1-inch chunks
- • ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- • Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- • ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- • ½ cup all-purpose flour
- • ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- • ¼ cup chopped blanched almonds
- • Pinch of kosher salt
- • Unsweetened whipped cream, for serving
- • ½ to 1 cup Marina’s Pear Ginger Chutney
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a 3-qt. baking dish ( a flat oval dish gives the best topping-to-fruit ratio).
- Combine the cherries and brandy, and let macerate for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the soaked cherries, pears, white sugar, lemon zest, and juice. Spread in the baking dish.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, almonds, and salt. Pulse to combine, then drop in the butter pieces.
- Pulse until the mixture forms clumps the size of peas. Sprinkle over the fruit, but don’t pack it down.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes before serving warm. Top with Marina’s Pear Ginger Chutney and whipped cream.