Big John and I love Chinese Food and anything stir fried. This recipe is delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Flank Steak
- 4 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons soy sauce, liquid aminos for paleo or whole30*
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 3 tsp cornstarch, or arrowroot for paleo or whole30
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Slice beef into thin slices with the grain. Cut each strip across the grain about 1″ long so you have small thin slices. Place in a bowl and add 4 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of rice wine, 1 tsp cornstarch and black pepper.
In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp water and 2 tsp cornstarch. Set aside.
Heat the wok on high heat. Swirl in 2 teaspoons of the oil and add the beef spreading evenly in the wok. Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add remaining teaspoon of oil to wok, add peppers and onions and cook about 4 to 5 minutes. Return beef to the wok, add the sauce and red pepper flakes and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.