My family loves rack of lamb. It is a delicious cut of meat and always turns out well. When I saw this recipe, I knew that I had to prepare it. Pomegranate, rosemary, honey, orange and pomegranate juice….how could you go wrong?
- Rack of lamb
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbs. molasses
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle the rack of lamb with salt, black pepper and rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and let stand at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. If the rack is refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes before grilling.
- In a saucepan over high heat, combine the orange juice, pomegranate juice, molasses, pomegranate seeds, honey and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until thickened to a syrupy consistency, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Divide the glaze between 2 bowls.
- Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
- Grill the rack of lamb until well browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the rack over and brush with the pomegranate glaze from one of the bowls.
- Continue grilling until the chops are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chop registers 125°F for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer the rack to a platter, drizzle with the glaze from the second bowl and season with black pepper. Serve immediately.