I’ve made this bread a few times and have just loved it. Enjoy!
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter for Greasing
- 2 Eggs (I used farm fresh)
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Canola or Corn Oil
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Lemon Zest (I used the lemons from my husband’s lemon tree)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- ½ Cup Lemon Curd (See Lemon Curd Recipe)
- Confectioners’ Sugar For Dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter loaf pan, line with parchment paper and then butter the paper. Set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, and milk together until well blended.
- Add the oil, granulated sugar, lemon zest and vanilla, whisk until blended with your egg and milk mixture.
- In another large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, bread about ¾ of the batter into your prepared pan.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle half of the lemon curd over the batter. After that, spread the rest of the batter over the curd. **Note the batter may not completely cover the lemon curd, that is ok.
- With the remaining lemon curd, spoon it over the batter. Insert a small knife about half way through the batter and gently swirl it through the curd one or two times
- Place in the oven and bake until the bread is lightly browned and a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean after inserted into the center of the bread. About 50 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a baking rack and let cool. About 10-15 minutes.
- When cool, turn upside down, peel the parchment paper off. Turn the load right side up and let cool completely on the rack.
- Dust with the confectioners’ sugar and enjoy!!
- Optional- I served it with a dollop of lemon curd and blackberries ontop.