Prepare this recipe when the peaches and plums are at the height of their season. You will love the way the fruit pairs with the pork. Enjoy!
- 1 medium peach, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 medium plum, pitted and chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh mint; more leaves for garnish
- 3 ¼ ounce (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4 ¾-inch thick bone in Circle B Ranch pork chops
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the peach, plum, shallot, sugar, rosemary sprig, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 Tbsp. water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer stirring occasionally, until the fruit has collapsed and released their juices, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest and mint. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, 1 tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper in a wide, shallow dish and stir to combine. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge the chops in the flour mixture, shake off any excess, and transfer to a clean plate. Discard any remaining flour.
- Heat the oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat. Arrange the pork chops in a single layer and cook, turning once, until deep golden brown all over and cooked through, about 12 minutes total.
- Mash the fruit with a potato masher until slightly chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pork chops to plates, top with the compote, sprinkle with pepper and serve. Enjoy!
- Use a serrated peeler for the peaches. If you don’t have one, blanch the fruit in boiling water for about 30 seconds and the skins should come off easily.