This recipe was adapted from Carrabba’s Chicken Marsala, but instead of chicken we used our all natural pork chops
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup lombardo dry marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Circle B Ranch pork chops
- olive oil
- Bring pork chops to room temperature. On each side, sprinkle the pork seasoning and put aside to allow the spice to flavor the pork chops.
- Place olive oil in a pan, place on high heat. When ready, place pork chops in the pan and cook on each side until brown–about 5 minutes each side. When done, set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan, add shallots and mushrooms and sauté until vegetables are tender then add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Add marsala wine, simmer for another 30 seconds or so, then add black pepper. Simmer over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve corn starch in chicken stock. Add stock to saucepan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and cream to the sauce and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat, cover until needed.
- Serve entree by arranging each pork chop on a plate. Spoon one quarter of the marsala sauce over each serving of pork and serve. Serves 4.
- The recipe calls to grill the pork chops but we browned them on the stove top. We thought the recipe was excellent but I think next time, we will grill them.