I am always looking for a simple and easy recipe to make. John and I are always running and it is so good to come home to a meal from the crock pot. Enjoy!
- 1 (3-3 ½-lb.) Circle B Ranch butt roast, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled & cut into ½-in. pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into ½-in. pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into ½-in. pieces
- ½ onion, cut into chunks
- 1 large red pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca, crushed (you can use flour if you do not have tapioca)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ (6 oz.) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- ½ bottle hard cider
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with ¼ tsp. each of salt and black pepper. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; cook until browned on all sides. Drain fat.
- In slow cooker combine parsnips, carrots, celery, onion, and red pepper. Sprinkle with tapioca.
- In a small bowl combine chicken broth, apple juice concentrate, hard cider, and cinnamon with ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper. Pour over the vegetables in slow cooker and add meat.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or high 5 to 6 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat and vegetables to a platter. Strain cooking liquid; skim off fat. Drizzle some of the cooking liquid over meat. Serve the remaining liquid on the side if desired.
- Serving Size: 6