We love Circle B Ranch pork shanks in this family. They are delicious and easy to prepare. Enjoy!
For the Shanks
- 2 Circle B Ranch pork shanks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 14 ½ oz. Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
For the Gremolata
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. shredded lemon peel
- ½ tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- In Dutch oven, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat until hot. Add pork shanks and brown evenly, turning occasionally; add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil as needed. Remove the shanks from the pan; season with salt as desired.
- In same pan, heat 2 tsp. oil over medium-low heat until hot. Add onion, carrot, celery, and crushed garlic; cook and stir 10 minutes or until tender. Add Marina’s Tomato Sauce and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve browned bits attached to the pan. Stir in basil and thyme; return shanks to pan. Reduce heat to low; cover tightly and simmer 1 ½ hours or until shanks are fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine gremolata ingredients and set aside.
- Remove shanks to a warm platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid if necessary. Cook liquid over high heat to reduce as desired, stirring occasionally. Spoon approximately ¾ cup of sauce over the shanks. Sprinkle the shanks with the gremolata, and serve with the remaining sauce.
- Serving Size: 6