The most succulent portion of the pork is the tenderloin. It is the filet mignon of the pork. I normally keep the tenderloin whole, marinate it, grill, slice and serve. I found this recipe a few days ago and decided that it would be a great way to serve a Berkshire pork tenderloin.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe I found on Mark’s Daily Apple. It is a pork tenderloin recipe from Susan Rosenberg.
What really makes this recipe is the Cilantro Pesto. Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs and what could be better than garlic which makes this pesto yummy. The smell of cilantro is so heady and adds such a nice flavor to your recipes. I made one batch and actually used it a couple of days ago with grilled shrimp but it would have been just as good on grilled scallops.
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger minced (you can add more if you love ginger)
Cilantro Pesto Sauce
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger, peeled and slice thin
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon agave
- Whisk the above ingredients together and pour over the pork. You can marinade the pork overnight, put I found that a couple of hours was enough. Before you sear the pork, make the cilantro pesto sauce.
Cilantro Pesto Sauce
- Put ingredients in the food processor and add olive oil until smooth. The sauce will not be very smooth.
- To cook the pork, heat some olive oil in a pan and place the medallions into the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan. Sear on both sides and put the medallions in an over proof pan and roast the medallions in the oven at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. You want the medallions to be slightly pink but not raw.
- Place the pork medallions on a plate and top with some of the pesto.
- Serve with Roasted Brussel Sprouts.
- Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half, toss in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the Brussel Sprouts are golden brown.
- Berkshire Tenderloin is the pork filet mignon.
- Enjoy this delicious pork cut with your favorite vegetable.