I just love using a product of someone I know. Date Lady is located in Springfield, MO and she does a great job with dates. I bought Date Lady’s whole dates and, they were moist, sweet and delicious. When I found a recipe for pork tenderloin with Date and Cilantro Relish, I knew that I had to adapt it for my family’s taste.
- 1 Pork Tenderloin (about 1 1/2#)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2/3 Cup of Date Lady Date cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoon or more of flavored olive oil
For the meat
- Coat the tenderloin in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and marinate for a couple of hours. Place on the grill and cook until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the loin registers 135 degrees. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
For the date relish
- Cut the dates into small pieces. Add the Dijon Mustard, Salt and pepper, honey and a tablespoon of the flavored oil. Mix together and serve with the tenderloin on the side.
- I have to say that the date relish came out really well.