This recipe could be made with left over mashed potatoes. I followed the recipe and topped the potato caked with my delicious Marina’s Cranberry Chutney. This also can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven.Enjoy!
- • 2 medium potatoes, boiled (approx. 1 ½ cups)
- • ½ cup chopped spinach
- • ¼ cup carrot, finely chopped
- • ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- • 1 egg
- • Salt & pepper, to taste
- • ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- • 1 tsp. dried basil
- • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- • 4 Tbsp. oil
- • ½ cup to 1 cup Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
For the Potato Cakes
- 1. In a bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, chopped spinach, chopped carrot, parmesan cheese, flour, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, salt & pepper, and egg.
- 2. Mix until well combined; mixture will form a dough.
- 3. Make 8 equal sized cakes from the dough (an ice cream scoop can help with this). Place Panko bread crumbs on a plate and set aside.
- 4. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once oil is hot, roll the cakes into Panko crumbs and then put cakes into the hot oil.
- 5. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until nicely golden brown in color.
- 6. Remove from pan and place on paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease.
- 1. Arrange the potato cakes on a serving plate/tray. Top each cake with desired amount of Marina’s Cranberry Chutney. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 8