You all know how much I like Food Network and its chefs. A few weeks ago, Geoffrey Zakarian was on the Thanksgiving Show and demonstrated how to prepare a simple Pumpkin Gelato. I decided to try it and used homemade pumpkin puree.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and coat with olive oil.
- Place on sheet pan and put in the oven. Roast for 30-60 minutes.
- The pumpkin is cooked when it is fork tender. Take it out of the oven and cool. After it cools, scoop out the pumpkin flesh and put in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve with Marina’s Cranberry Chutney.