Rack of lamb is one of our favorite dinners. When I read this recipe for rack of lamb with blueberries I knew I had to try it and I can tell you this recipe is beyond delicious! Enjoy!
- 1 rack of lamb, fully trimmed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 tsp. butter, adjust as needed
- 3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper, and sear the lamb in an ovenproof skillet with the vegetable oil. Once the lamb has been browned on all sides, turn off the heat and allow the lamb to rest in a separate platter. Combine the mustard, rosemary, cinnamon and cumin in a bowl, and use the mixture to coat the lamb.
- Start the sauce by sautéing the shallots in the skillet used to sear the lamb. Sauté until shallots until they begin to lose moisture and become brown and soft. Add in the blueberries and cook for 2 minutes or so. Stir in the red wine, and stir the mixture to remove the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat, and replace the rack of lamb (now covered with the mustard mixture) into the center of the skillet. Season with some black pepper and salt.
- Roast the lamb in the oven until its internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F, approximately 20 minutes. If you prefer the meat well-done, cook a little bit longer. Move the lamb to a cutting board and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, continue preparing the beurre rouge. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar into the blueberry sauce. Reduce the mixture on the stove for about 4-5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter. Season to taste.
- Serve the lamb with a spoonful of the blueberry beurre rouge. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2