Farmers Markets have the best fruit during the summer. I have started making a lot of crisps because I am not the best pastry chef. These come out delicious and easy to make. Enjoy!
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups strawberries, cut into pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the fruit and sugar in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. If you would like a thicker crisp, use a slightly smaller pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, sugar, and butter. Sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the fruit. Bake for 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbling and top is golden brown (bake time may be longer if using frozen fruit). Let crisp rest (at least 30 minutes to an hour).
- Serve with whipped cream, ice-cream, or an ice-cold glass of milk.