Who doesn’t love meatballs and Tomato Sauce? No one that I know. I especially like to make something with Marina’s Meatballs and Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce. Cook up some Gemelli (or other pasta you like) and add a little hot pepper flakes, garlic and onion to make the Arrabiata sauce. Sprinkle some really good Parmesan Cheese over the pasta and meatballs and you will have a delicious meal. Enjoy!!
- • 1 lb. Gemelli
- • Grated Parmesan cheese
- • 2 (1 lb.) packages Marina’s Meatballs
For Arrabiata Sauce
- • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- • 1 large onion, chopped
- • 5 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- • Pinch of red chili flakes
- • 1 cup red wine
- • 24 oz. Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- • 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- • 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven or a large pot heat the olive oil. Add the onion and the garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft and starts to brown a bit, making sure not to burn it. Stir in the oregano and red chili flakes. Add the wine and cook for another 5 minutes until the alcohol burns off a bit.
- 2. Stir in Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce, hot sauce, basil leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium-low and let this simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. After 10 minutes, you can start cooking the gemelli according to package directions. If you like your pasta al dente cook it for 2 minutes less than indicated on the package.
- 4. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 5. Pour the sauce and meatballs over the rigatoni, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and basil over, and serve.