John and I have been eating brussels sprouts for a few years. We have really come to love them. This recipe does not disappoint. Enjoy!
- 3 slices of Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups medium Brussels Sprouts, ends trimmed and then halved
- 1 medium apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices and then halved
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1–2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Arrange bacon in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until bacon is cooked through, but not yet crispy.
- Remove the bacon pieces from the sheet and set aside. Add the Brussels sprouts and toss them in the bacon drippings. Make sure they are as well coated as possible. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast them until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add the apple pieces and the cooked bacon to the Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and roast until the sprouts are tender and browned and the apples soften a bit, about another 10-15 minutes.
- Toss everything with the vinegar and serve immediately. Enjoy!