John and I love chicken…especially pasture raised chicken. This recipe made with white beans, capers and lemons is delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. capers with brine
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ chicken
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425⁰ F. Toss beans and capers in a 13×9-inch baking dish and spread out evenly on bottom of pan.
- Spread 1 tsp. mustard on skin of chicken and nestle, skin up, into beans and capers. Arrange lemon slices under and around chicken and add chicken stock (liquid should come up sides of chicken by ½-inch).
- Drizzle chicken with oil and season whole dish with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken, stirring and shaking dish halfway through, until skin is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 165⁰ F, about 35 minutes. If chicken starts to burn, move pan to a lower rack to finish cooking.
- Transfer chicken, beans, lemon slices, and capers to a serving platter. Spoon some of the pan sauce around chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving Size: 4