I do not cook with farro very often, but with the addition of roasted green beans made this dish delicious. It was great the next day for left overs. Enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup farro
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ tsp. thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup feta, goat or blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette (See recipe)
- 1. Bring the water and farro to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered, until the farro is al dente (about 20 minutes).
- 2. Toss the green beans in the oil, thyme, salt and pepper and place them on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- 3. Roast the green beans in a preheated 400°F oven until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes, flipping them half way through.
- 4. Mix everything and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 4