Roasted Vegetables, Sweet Italian Sausage, Kalamata Olives and Capers…delicious.
- 3 cups grape tomatoes (I used red )
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced vertically, then crosswise into ½” pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced vertically, then crosswise into ½” pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1” chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian sausages, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 pound Bowtie, cooked to al dente
- ½ cup kalamata olives, seeded and halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place bell peppers into oven and cook until skin is papery and blackened, about 35-45 minutes. Remove and transfer peppers to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let the peppers steam in the bowl.
- On a large baking sheet combine the zucchini, squash, onion, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Toss the vegetables until well coated with the oil, herbs and spices. Add the sausage and spread everything into an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes. (Note the vegetable/sausage mixture can roast in the oven at the same time the peppers are cooking)
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove the skins, stems and seeds and cut the peppers into thin strips. Transfer peppers to a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and sausage to the peppers. Scrape the pan to get all of the juicy goodness into the bowl. Add the olives, capers and red wine vinegar. Toss to combine.
- After the vegetables have roasted, prepare the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve some of the pasta water and add to the dish. You will find that the pasta will be very dry if you do not reserve some of the water.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Top with the vegetables and all the juices. Sprinkle with fresh basil and parsley. Serve.
- Serving Size: 6