John and I love rack of lamb almost as much as pork!! This recipe is delicious and it is easy to prepare. Enjoy!
- 1 Rack of Lamb
- coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 oz. frozen pearl onions, thawed, drained, and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic (from 4-5 cloves)
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- mashed potatoes, for serving
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high. Add oil, then lamb in a single layer. Cook, flipping once, until browned on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onions; cook, stirring a few times, until golden brown in places, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary, and tomato paste; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine; cook until mostly evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in broth.
- Return lamb and any juices to pan; bring to a simmer. Partially cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of lamb (without touching bone) registers 130 degrees, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve over potatoes.
- Serving Size: 4