There is nothing better than a rich and delicious Tuscan Sausage, White Bean & Kale soup. It is even better the next day. This soup has Sweet Italian Sausage, Cannelini Beans and Kale, and they all complement each other in this soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 large potato, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (15 ounce)cans white cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bunches kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 52 oz. homemade chicken stock
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf baguette bread
- Gruyere and Asiago Cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and brown, stirring occasionally to break into smaller pieces, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, potato, and bay leaves. Season generously with kosher salt and cook until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and beans, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add kale, and cook until it becomes slightly wilted. Add chicken stock, season with salt and pepper, and cover with lid.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and keep at a simmer for about 45 minutes, although a bit longer is completely fine. The soup will thicken as the potatoes begin to release their starch into the soup.
- The soup tastes best the second day. If time allows, cool soup completely, and refrigerate it for the following day. Reheat before serving.
- When about ready to serve, slice baguette. Drizzle each slice with a little olive oil and season with kosher salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes, until toasted. Top with grated gruyere and asiago cheese and broil for about 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted. It can go from melted to burnt pretty fast, so don’t leave broiler unattended.
- Divide soup among bowls and top with a few slices of cheesy baguette. Yum!