This is to die for! I have made this a few times, and my family keeps asking for more. This is so yummy, you could serve it for dessert!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
Sweet Potato Mixture
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (can use canned to save time, just drain)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.