If your family likes salmon and Thai vegetables this recipe does not disappoint. You will love the flavor and the Jasmine rice is delish. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 limes
- 1 ½ Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow), thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ lbs. skin-on center-cut salmon fillet (in one piece)
- ¼ cup chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat the broiler. Cook the rice according to label directions; set aside. Meanwhile, finely grate the ginger, garlic and the zest of 1 lime into a large bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 ½ limes and the fish sauce. Add the bell peppers, red onion, jalapeno, ¾ cup cilantro and a pinch each of salt and pepper; toss. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until ready to serve. Cut the remaining ½ lime into wedges; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Cut the salmon in half lengthwise, then crosswise to make 4 equal squares; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and broil until just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Divide the rice among 4 plates. Transfer the salmon to the plates, leaving the skin behind; top with the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup cilantro and the peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving Size: 4