This appetizer can be assembled in advance and popped in the oven when your guests arrive. Once you take it out of the oven it will be devoured in seconds. Enjoy!!
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb. Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 oz.) package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Serve with Brushetta
- Preheat oven to 375⁰. Cook diced onion and next 2 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8-10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink/ Drain. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- Add cream cheese, and cook, stirring constantly,2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and salt, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Gently stir in beans. Pour mixture into a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake at 375⁰ for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with corn chip scoops, bell pepper strips, and pretzel rods.