Cannellini beans, Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage and Escarole make this a delicious recipe. You will definitely have left overs!! Enjoy!
- • 1/3 cup olive oil
- • 2 sprigs rosemary
- • 8 oz. Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- • 1 (15.5 oz.) can cannellini beans,
- rinsed and patted dry
- • ¼ cup chicken stock
- • 12 oz. paccheri, rigatoni, or other large tubular
- • Kosher salt
- • 8 cups torn escarole
- • ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan, divided
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium-high. Fry rosemary, turning, until crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Add sausage to same pot and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon and stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add chickpeas to pot and cook, tossing occasionally and mashing some chickpeas with spoon, until browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Transfer about half of chickpeas to plate with sausage. Add wine to pot, bring to a boil, and cook until liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions.
- Using a spider or a slotted spoon, transfer pasta to pot with chickpeas and add escarole and 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid. Cook, tossing often, until escarole is wilted, pasta is al dente, and sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Add another ¼ cup of pasta cooking liquid, then gradually add ½ cup cheese, tossing until melted and dissolved into a luxurious, glossy sauce. Thin with more pasta cooking liquid if needed.
- Add butter and toss to combine, then mix in reserved sausage and chickpeas.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Crumble rosemary over top and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- Serving Size: 4